• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Fucked arms and veins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedgirl

Bluelighter
Ok, all "good" things must come to an end, or? I desperatly need some advice. My (especially the left one) arms are fucked. This happens to me time to time when I've been booting up to much and to often. But now it's worse then ever. Around the elbow area it's swollen, part blue and warm. Probably an infection that will pass if I just could let it rest for some days... The thing that worries me most is that I can't straighten it out fully and the fact that I have some kind of numb feeling the whole way out in my hand.

I don't expect miracles and I know the only one to blame is me. But I would love to know if anyone has a good tip or two that could make it better?

speedgirl, you really really need to go to the doctor or the hospital. If it's an infection you should NOT ignore it. If left untreated, infections can travel in your blood stread to the heart and potentially cause death rather quickly.

Your doctor or the hospital staff will not judge you, they are there to treat you.

Please don't ignore it though.

I'm guessing you're shooting speed. Unless you have garden hoses for veins, you're destined to jack yourself up shooting so frequently. You don't seem to have that many options here... change your method of delivery or try to stop

but definitely have it checked out. Missing shots with speed can cause some serious tissue damage, and infections can lead to amputation and death.

You're in Sweden. It's one of the happiest countries on Earth according to recent polls. I'm guessing you folks have really good medical care. Please use it

Also.... Other Drugs might be a better forum to post something like this in.

If you're missing shots of speed, you need to get yourself to a hospital pronto.

The warmth, swelling and numbness are signs of a bad abscess. Especially if it's going numb, that could indicate some kind of nerve damage that might not be reparable if not taken care of medically.

Go to the doctor. It's worth the few hours of whatever humiliation you might face if it means saving your arm, or even your life.

Doctor or hospital first as everyone has said. You might ask a Doctor about using horse chestnut to heal up veins. It is really good stuff for vein problems but your first priority has to be getting infection or any other serious situations diagnosed and treated. I'm going to move this to Healthy Living as I think you'll get more good answers about vein care there.

TDS-------------------------------------------Healthy Living

Thank u for your answers.

I was at the hospital a couple of weeks ago when I had this problems. The doctor just asked me if I were HIV positive, I said no and he told me to leave. He was scared of me, he wouldn't even touch me. After that I ended up in the detox. They didn't care about my arm either but not shooting for a week healed me up. But now I'm back to square one...

Tomorrow I'll go to a special clinic for addicts. Though I'm not sure that the nurse or doctor there have the time to see me. Maybe I'll only meet an assistent. And I wont go back to the same hospital that didn't want to help me the last time.

Anyone got any ideas about something that relieves my pain and stiffness? Am I the only one having this problems? I feel terrible worried but at the same time I can't stop thinking about booting up again...

Is there someone on BL that have experienced this type of issues from IV.ing speed?

^^yes people have seen/experienced this. Read the thread.

You need to find a doctor to diagnose the problem and prescribe antibiotics.

I can't f------ believe a doctor turned you away. Try again, it is worth it.

As for pain and addiction, try breathing deeply as it is a cure all.

Anyone got any ideas about something that relieves my pain and stiffness? Am I the only one having this problems? I feel terrible worried but at the same time I can't stop thinking about booting up again...

You better put the brakes on quick SG. If you don't get those arms cleared up NOW you can think about booting all you want but the abscesses, tissue damage and collapsed veins will guarantee that thinking is ALL you do.

How long have you been slamming speed? Surely you are aware of the pain involved when you miss... That pain is there for a reason. It's saying "Hey, watch what you're doing and stay in the vein! We surrounding tissue hate that shit and if you don't learn to do it right we'll make sure you don't do it at all!"

I'm not trying to be preachy but as someone with a long "track record" with speed and needles I've seen how sad it is when a long time junky can no longer find a usable vein. You don't want to go there.

Maybe you could start with a couple things (if you're not already doing them)
1: Use new rigs only !!!
2: Use high gauge needles: 30 or 31g
3: Tie off well and make sure you get a SOLID register. No almosts!
4: Loosen the tie before you hit the plunger.
5: Go slow even if you want to jam it.
6: If you feel it missing, STOP, PULL OUT, take the needle off the rig and
shoot it down your throat or up your ass, don't IM it unless you want
more painful abscesses. Tissue hates speed!
7: If you do miss, even a littlt... Put a hot towel or heating pad on the area
for a couple hours and stay away from that spot with needles for a two
or three days.
8: Rotate Rotate Rotate (no not like that) Change the area you use to shoot
Even if you find a really easy vein don't use it twice in a row or it'll go
south on you.
9: Learn that sometimes you have to admit defeat. If you try and try and
still can't find a vein willing to cooperate, GIVE IT UP this time, it'll be better
next time. Like I said shoot it somewhere else (sans needle). You'll still
get off and your arms will live to see another day.

Go See A Doc ASAP. In the meantime Hot towels.

Good luck.

First of all; Off course I'm very carefull with getting a good registration. I've been shooting speed long enough to know that a miss ain't worth it.

And I can also tell u that I went to the doctor a couple of days ago. I've decided to make that an own thread. Please read about it there and see what happend and what's happening...

Thank u for all advices.

Have you gone to a hospital yet? You need too... You should go now and get on some antibiotics. Have you experienced any of the symptoms getting better?

Hot compresses on the abscesses should help with the healing process, use them 3-4 times a day for 20 minutes a piece. Take 600-800mg of Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) every six hours as needed for the pain.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.